
甘えの 構造
私は日本語の勉強を始めたいと初めて思ったのは大学二年生の時です。その時には、「Culture and Human Development」と言うクラスをとっていました。そのクラスでは沢山な国の人々や文化の事を覚えました。私が特に興味を持ったトピックは「甘え」でした。土居健郎(どい たけお)と言う学者が書いた本で「 甘えの構造」(=The Anatomy of Dependence)と言う本が有ります。 土居健郎はとても有名な精神分析医学者です。 土居健郎は1920年に東京でうまれました。東京大学をそつぎょうしてから、1971年に「 甘えの構造」を書きました。1973年にジョンベスターと言う学者が英語に訳しました。土居の本はとても湯名になりました。土居は甘えは日本人の人間関係の基礎(きそ)になっている.甘えと言う言葉は子供が親にたよることです。アメリカでは子育てに関しては子供の時から自由 (independent) に生きていけるようにと言われているけれども、日本では人を新しることも大事だと思われ地いるから子供のときには親を頼りながら、自由になるのも大事だと思われています.おとなのしゃかいでもプラスになると土居はおもっていました。良くアメリカ人は甘えとわがままをまちがえます。甘えて初めて安心して人間は私有になれると言う事が「甘えの 構造 」に書かれていました。大人になっても、人を新汁事はとてもだいじです。アメリカではぎゃくに人をうたがう用に子供のときから教えられています。
2 comments:
1) You have chosen an extremely interesting topic that touches upon the very core of Japanese national character and its engagement with other cultures. I learned enough from your text to read more on Amazon and Wikipedia about the topic. Your explanation of how you came to study Japanese and this topic was a good touch.
2) Given the nature of the topic, topics like "amae" are very difficult topics to express to the uninitiated. I had great difficulty understanding the latter third of the essay, especially the run-on sentence talking about children in America. Perhaps this was due, however, to my poor comprehension of Japanese, in addition to the difficulty of the topic. The verb "shinshiru," in particular, was used twice at key moments, but I don't know what it means.
3) Perhaps you could personalize the essay more and elaborate on the promising opening section where you describe how you first encountered the topic. I feel that the reader needs fewer biographical details about Doi Takeo, although I am curious to know what he did in the years between graduating from Todai and writing his seminal text. Were his writings influenced by the Japanese war experience? How was it that he came to study in America? Finally, how do his theories support or refute the thorny topic of "nihonjinron" that seems to be somewhat discredited intellectually but seems to have many adherents among Japanese citizens today. (Many other cultures, including Americans, Brazilians, French, and Russians, also believe themselves to be exceptional.)
I agree with サラリーマンさん---the topic is quite interesting and informative, but words used are a bit difficult. Maybe you can provide a word list on the poster to non-native speakers of Japanese? In addition, if you can give concrete examples of amae or child-raising in Japan and U.S., that would help your audience understand the topic.
Post a Comment